Translate

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Fools for Christ (Psalms 103-104 / I Corinthians 2)

In Psalms 103, David gives us many reasons as to why God is worthy of our praise (v. 3-22). And if you go back to the first two verses, you see how personal God was in relationship to David. David says to himself, praise God "O my soul." Have you gotten personal with God as of late and listed all his benefits (v. 2) as David did? Psalms 104 reads like a scene found on the Discovery Channel or Animal Planet. Life and everything that happens in it on a daily basis happen only because God sustains our planet. Do you view God as the Sustainer of all life?

Those who do not believe in Christ view God's Word as foolishness (I Corinthians 2:14). However, I for one am glad that God chose the "foolishness" of the cross to save those whom would believe (I Corinthians 1:21)! Are you a fool for Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment